This 10 spice Masala Chai tea is an exquisite blend of the finest-quality Indian Assam leaves and exotically flavoursome, traditionally-grown Indian spices such as cloves, Fennel seeds, Cinnamon and Cardamom, which is what makes this famous black tea taste so wonderfully rich. Strong and full-bodied, this authentic Indian chai blend offers a slightly malty flavour with an alluring aroma.
Assam is a state of India in the north-eastern region. It is to the south of the Eastern Himalayas and comprises the Brahmaputra Valley and the Barak river valleys, Karbi Angolng and the North Cachar Hills. It has an area of 30,285 square miles (approximately 14% the size of the UK). The principal goods produced in this area are tea, petroleum and silk.
Assam’s climate is perfect for producing tea. During the monsoon, as much of 10-12 inches of rain per day can fall with daytime temperatures rising to approximately 40 degrees Centigrade. This tropical climate is what gives Assam tea its unique flavour and pungent malty taste.
Masala chai is one of the most popular varieties of chai across India. Aromatic spices and ayurvedic herbs are crushed and blended with Assam tea to create this flavorful chai.
- Cinnamon: It act as a powerful antioxidant & fight infections.
- Green Cardamom: Improves overall digestive health.
- Black Cardamom: Improves Gastro-intestinal health.
- Cloves: Beneficial for liver health with high level of antioxidants.
- Star Anise: Improves hearth health.
- Fennel Seeds: Beneficial for respiratory ailments.
- Carom Seeds: Treat common colds and prevents indigestion.
- Holy Basil: Reduces stress and calms the nervous system.
- Ginger: Strengthens the immune system.
- Brewing Hints: Brew for three to four minutes.
- Leaf: Larger Leaf.
- Origin: The Keyhung Tea Estate in Northern India.
- Characteristics: A rich, strong and aromatic Indian Tea.
- Serving Suggestions: Traditionally masala chai is brewed on a gas burner/stove with a dash of milk.